The motorcycle accident lawyers at Bailey Reyes, PLLC represent motorcycle accident victims – as well as their families and friends – who have suffered a death in the family or sustained serious bodily injuries because of the negligence of another driver. According to the Texas Department of Transportation, there were 479 motor cycle fatalities in 2011, and 51% of those killed were not wearing a helmet. Because of a motorcyclist’s lack of physical protection, they are much more vulnerable to injuries in accidents.Though many motorcyclists take preventative action, accidents sometimes still occur. When that happens, you should take the appropriate measures to ensure your legal rights are protected by contacting a motorcycle accident lawyer.What to do after a motorcycle crashDespite preventative actions taken by motorcyclists, accidents still occur, and the losses can be significant. The financial burden incurred through motorcycle accidents can be particularly great due to lost wages and expensive medical bills.The motorcycle accident lawyers at Bailey Reyes will fight for you and represent you for injuries that include, but are not limited to:
- Injuries requiring surgery, sutures, staples;
- Traumatic Brain Injury, including those caused by oxygen deprivation;
- Severe burns resulting in significant and permanent scarring;
- Mental anguish and emotional distress, death; and
- Those injuries caused by a collision with a driver that is drunk, impaired or otherwise under the influence of narcotics or drugs.
After a motorcycle crash, it’s important to take the following steps:
- Call the police.
- Get the contact and insurance information from the other driver.
- Take pictures of any damage and injuries.
- Seek medical treatment where appropriate.
- Seek legal action.
Make sure you keep copies of all the medical and police documents detailing both the accident and your injuries. These will be beneficial should you choose to pursue legal action. If you do wish to file a claim, contact the motorcycle accident lawyers at Bailey Reyes for a FREE case evaluation. We handle most cases on a contingent fee basis, meaning we only get paid if you do. Most lawsuits have a limited time frame in which you can file before you waive your rights to seek possible compensation, so it’s important to act quickly. We’re here to protect your rights and to help you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries.